3/31/10

Can I get some credit please?

So, today I bought furniture for the place I'm going to start renting in June. No, I have not been apartment hunting yet. Yes, I know that I'm going about this ass backwards. Anyways, I'm pretty excited about buying grown up furniture that doesn't come from a Swedish store, in flat boxes, that I have to assemble myself using diagrams of stick figures smiling while hammering piece A into piece C.

But, before I did this I went to the bank to see what kind of loan a brand new surgery resident can get. It turns out I can't. Not until I start getting pay checks, and even then the loan wouldn't be enough to bank roll a new apartment. So, I did the only thing a girl could do . . . I went to the store anyways. It was the last day of phenomenal sale that would get me a TV with any room of furniture I purchased. I left there with a fully furnished living room, two bedroom sets, and three TVs.

So, it turns that while the bank might not give an aspiring surgeon a loan I can get a massive line of credit and 36 months of no interest payments with nothing but a smile and a quick online credit check. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment