8/16/10

3 days down, 12 more to go.

I've been remiss in writing lately.

I've switched to days, which are a little impossible. And let's face it, not all my entries are going to be winners.

I really want to tell you all why days are so impossible but getting the whole picture across will take too many words. So let me give you just the nuts and bolts and break it down for you like this. I got into the hospital at 5 this morning, rounded for a couple of hours, put in orders, placed a central line, discharged a patient, convinced a patient not to leave "against medical advice" so his hands wouldn't fall off, attempted to place a post-pyloric corpack (and failed), so I then had to place a NGT, wrote progress notes, saw a consult in the ED (butt burns), wrote procedure notes. I left at 7:30, it's 8 now. I need to eat and shower and every minute I spend typing to you is one less I spend asleep before I start another 15 hour day in the hour day in the hospital.

So, yes, I'm going to attempt not to fall asleep in my food (a real concern for most surgery interns). Shower, cause I'm covered in all kinds of yucky, yucky bacteria. And then crawl into bed where I will fall instantly into a death like coma, which I guarantee you will be interrupted by my pager at some point tonight.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment