8/4/10

Chicken biscuits and burn patients.

So, I'm a southern girl and ever since moving to this little University town I've been trying to find somewhere I could find an economical chicken biscuit. I didn't think it would be hard. Seeing as there are college students everywhere and we are in the south. So, it hasn't happened in the 2 months or so I've lived here. Until this morning. I stopped by the cafeteria on my way out this morning because I really wanted an orange juice. But I decided to stay for some breakfast. It was amazing. I also hadn't eaten for 12 hours. So that might be part of it.

I don't why I'm fixating on this biscuit. I think it's cause tonight got a little crazy, 6 burn admits. I'm just going to list them all out for you and you decide if I'm making any of this up.

#1 - A man driving around on a John Deere tractor said it just exploded from underneath him (his blood alcohol was 438)
#2 - A spanish-only speaking lady burned her face when she tried to pour hot grease into a plastic container and it exploded.
#3 - A woman came in with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. An allergic reaction that causes your skin to literally peel off.
#4 - A young boy was trying to build a smoke bomb out of stump remover (potassium nitrate) and sugar got his arm singed and took some shrapnel to the eye.
#5 - A little girl accidentally had boiling water spilled on her when her aunt tripped carrying the pan.
#6 - A man working at taco bell came in with a deep fryer basket stuck to his back after a fellow employee hit him with it.

I'm going to head for a shower and bed now. And hope that I manage to block out enough of this crap to get a decent night's (day's) sleep. Yesterday my circadian hadn't caught up with me yet so I wasn't very well rested when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment