9/7/10

It's not like I need to see my family

So, this past weekend was labor day and my family get together every year at a lake in Georgia. About 25 aunts, uncles, cousins and my Mom, Dad and Brother. Every year. This year I was working. Because I'm an intern. I guess this is the first casualty of my life choices. I just wonder how many more things I'm going to miss.

My residency is going to be at least 5 years long. I'm assuming that at some point during that time some of my friends will get married, some might have kids. There will probably be school reunions. And family events, I might become an aunt or a godmother. I could be asked to be a bridesmaid. And I'm also willing to bet that I'll be missing out on a lot of those occasions.

On the other hand I am going to be learning how to save lives. So, that's the toss up, I guess.

But, that's what I signed up for. So I'm going to quit my bitching and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment